Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hats and Midterms

This week has been an eventful one, and thus I have done considerably less in the realm of projects. I had midterms all week, and then I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday, right after my last midterm. However, I still had time to get some things done.

As the weather gets cooler, I get more requests for hats and gloves and scarves. I hate making gloves, so I will probably put those off until people harass me into it. In the mean time, I made a hat for Sam on Sunday evening. It is a single crochet hat worked in a spiral. Pretty simple, but definitely warm and cozy.


While I was recovering in bed yesterday, I got a chance to finish the hat for Ali's early christmas present. I let her pick any pattern she wanted out of my "Stitch & Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker" book, and she selected the "Springtime in Winter" hat pattern. The yarn I had to work with was thinner than what I normally work with, so I used a smaller hook and added some extra stitches where necessary. Turned out pretty cute I think!

I'm back to working on the Humane Society blankets this afternoon, going to try and get a few more finished before boards roll around.

No comments:

Post a Comment